Cellulitis and yoga pranayama

Sponsored Links

As mentioned in my previous article, I planned to use the technique of Pranayama to destroy the excess cellulitis bacterial infection. Note that I was not interested in destroying all bacteria. Let them live also, but let me live too. Live and let live is an ancient Indian philosophy. Ok Cellulitis bacteria, you can have your space but let me have mine too. And what exactly is pranayama? And can pranayama help in dealing with cellulitis? Let us explore.

Pranayama is a set of yoga breathing exercises where one takes in oxygen in excess and get rid of the toxins in the body by way of exhalation. Now, normal breathing accomplishes the same thing, well sort of. In normal breathing, you take in oxygen and exhale carbondioxide. In Pranayam yoga, you take in excess oxygen and get rid of as much toxins as possible every single time.

Additionally, you concentrate on each breath with divine respect. You look at your inhalation step not simply as inhaling oxygen, but rather as yourself inhaling divine prana and not just exhaling carbondioxide but rather removing all toxins from the body. You concentrate on the parts of the body one by one where you want this divine energy concentrated and sort of performing a cleansing activity. In my case, my concentration was generally focused on to my belly button where the cellulitis bacterial infection had made a home for itself.

I performed Bhastrika, Kapaalbhathi, Anulom- Vilom, Ujjayi, Bramar, Udgeet and Bahya pranayam which are seven basic pranayam yoga techniques the very first thing in the morning and once in the evening. There are various sources that you can learn more about these techniques.

Additionally, I concentrated on the divine energy that is ALL encompassing ALL day long. For example, when I drank water, I said to myself, “This divine water enters my body to nourish it, fight off excess evil and bring balance”; similarly when I ate food, I said the same thing to myself.

Remember, the goal was not to destroy ALL evil. This is where problems arise both inside our bodies and outside in the world, per my opinion. We do not need zealots starting warfare on the basis of religion, political policies, land ownership and a million other reasons. If we decide to live in a co-existing manner and maintain BALANCE, there will be peace. Peace should be the goal, not victory. In my case I could care less about emerging victorious over the cellulitis bacteria; I just wanted peace and balance so I do not have excess pain. A small amount of pain is okay as long as it is bearable. Unbearable pain is what I did not want.

Along with pranayama, I took another step in my battle with my umbilical cellulitis. That was the use of sesame seed oil. This will be covered in my next post entitled dealing cellulitis with sesame oil. Again, it is strongly advised that you consult with your doctor before attempting any self diagnosis or treatment. The medical disclaimer on this site explains this.

Sponsored Links