Periorbital and Orbital Cellulitis

Sponsored Links

In my continued studies and keeping myself educated, I came across two more terms: periorbital cellulitis and orbital cellulitis. Now neither of them were applicable in my case; however, whenever I hook myself on to a topic of science or technology, I try to learn as much as I can about not only the topic at hand but also related issues and related phenomena.

Orbital cellulitis is concerned with the eyes getting infected. This is not a fun situation to be in because in addition to significant redness of the lids of the eye, it could cause restrictions in your eye movements. Because orbital cellulitis is an infection so close to the brain, dangers of the infection spreading are pretty high and you should immediately get medical attention.

A less dangerous form is periorbital cellulitis which is the infection of the eyelids and infection of the areas around the eye. People with periorbital cellulits have lesser levels of pain and lesser bulging of the eyes.

Periorbital and orbital cellulitis are caused by infection that can arise from a variety of simple sources. Good hygiene practices is an essential first step in avoiding these diseases. If you wear contact lenses, take care of them and change them as recommended by the manufacturer. Do not stick your dirty hands in your eyes. Do not leave eye make up and similar facial makeup overnight. And if you even suspect an infection, run to your doctor and get medical attention immediately.

Sponsored Links

No comments:

Post a Comment